2016年11月27日 星期日

Scrapbook

Edit Posted by
This is me, depressed1 out of my mind,
 frailing the banjo, spilling red wine

on the white
 king-sized

luckily-hotel's-and-not-my-
 goose down comforter, this is me

walking and waxing nostalgic through the girlish shadows
 of tall palm trees, the deja vus

flying through the scene
 suddenly, like those three

unnameable and therefore beautiful white birds.
 This is me as a slowly-tearing-itself-apart cloud

and marveling
 at a fire palely and flamily

emerging from a bowl, wavering
 up through stones of cobalt glass. The air

wavers back. This is me in love
 with the beauty of blue glass in flames, this is me on drugs

prescribed by my doctor
 as I try once more

to sneak2 into night's closely guarded city,
 my hollow horse ready

to wreak3 my demons4 and Blue Morphos
 on the citizens of my sleep. I am most

myself when flashing rapidly
 my iridescent5 wings, drinking

the juice of fallen fruit. Then again
 look for me under your bed

where the ugly premodern vampires
 still hide. The undead and I are lying

in wait. We are very interested in you
 though this is still me. We are unstable6 and true.

We believe in the one-ton rose
 and the displaced toilet equally. Our blues

assume you understand
 not much, and try to be alive, just as we do,

and that it may be helpful to hold the hand
 of someone as lost as you.